Denis N. Konyshev, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, associate professor of the sub-department of state and legal disciplines, Volga-Vyatka Institute (branch) of the Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSLA) (30 Moskovskaya street, Kirov, Russia), E-mail: Denis-Konyshev@mail.ru
Background. The search for optimal methods for the agricultural sector development of the economy, solving the problem of food security, import substitution and raising the standard of living in the countryside simultaneously with the response to the demographic threats of modern Russia determines the study of the historical experience of rural development. This makes it possible to comprehend the development and implementation of public policy measures in specific historical conditions - the transition from the Great Patriotic War in the context of the need to restore the national economy to the period of reforms in the agrarian sector in the thaw. The purpose of the study is to analyze the main measures of the state in this period of time in terms of their conditionality and effectiveness.
Materials and methods. The validity of the from research results provided by the analysis and introduction into scientific circulation of new historical sources contained in the State Archive of the Russian Federation, Russian State Archive of contemporary history, Russian State Archive of economy, State Archive of the Kirov region and the State Archive of social and political history of the Kirov region. A special place is given to reports and statistics of the party and Soviet bodies, on the basis of which various economic decisions were made, as well as records, statistics, appeals and complaints to the authorities of ordinary peasants. The methodology of the article is based on the comparative-historical method, the use of which allows to compare the changes in the Vyatka village within the specified period; statistical method, the importance of which is obvious for comparing indicators and dynamics of agricultural development of the region.
Results. The measures of state policy in relation to the agricultural sector of the economy and the peasantry and their reflection on the development of agriculture are studied. Specific historical information revealing the plight of the Soviet village as a whole in the country and within the Kirov region is analyzed.
Conclusions. The analysis of documentary and historiographical sources allows the conclusion to make about the inviolability of the system of collective farms and state farms and administrative pressure on village as the main determinants of agrarian policy of the Soviet state in the postwar period, about the plight of the village and of the peasantry against the background of worsening demographic, food and other problems of the village, objectively determining need for changes.
1. Il'in V.V. ed. Reformy i kontrreformy v Rossii. Tsikly modernizatsionnogo protsessa = Reforms and counterreforms in Russia. Cycles of the modernization process. Moscow: Izd-vo Moskovskogo un-ta, 1996:398. (In Russ.)
2. Timoshina T.M. Ekonomicheskaya istoriya Rossii = Economic history of Russia. Moscow: Yustits-inform, 2011:600. (In Russ.)
3. Vsesoyuznaya perepis' naseleniya 1939 goda: osnovnye itogi = All-Union Population Census of 1939: main results. Moscow: Nauka, 1992:254. (In Russ.)
4. Verbitskaya O.M. Naselenie rossiyskoy derevni v 1939–1959 gg. Problemy demograficheskogo razvitiya = The population of the Russian village in 1939–1959. Demographic development problems. Moscow: In-t rossiyskoy istorii RAN, 2002:318. (In Russ.)
5. Vserossiyskaya kniga pamyati. 1941–1945 gg. Obzornyy tom = All-Russian memory book. 1941–1945. Overview volume. Moscow: Voenizdat, 1995:542. (In Russ.)
6. Istoriya sovetskogo krest'yanstva: v 5 t. T. 3. Krest'yanstvo nakanune i v gody Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyny = History of the Soviet peasantry: in 5 volumes. Volume 3. The peasantry on the eve and during the Great Patriotic War. Moscow: Nauka, 1987: 447. (In Russ.)
7. Itogi Vsesoyuznoy perepisi naseleniya 1959 goda. RSFSR = Results of the 1959 All-Union Population Census. RSFSR. Moscow: Gosstatizdat TsSU SSSR, 1963:456. (In Russ.)
8. Vozrast i sostoyanie v brake naseleniya SSSR. Po dannym vsesoyuznoy perepisi naseleniya 1989 g. = Age and marriage status of the population of the USSR. According to the 1989 All-Union Population Census. Moscow: Finansy i statistika, 1990:110. (In Russ.)
9. Pikhoya R.G., Sokolov A.K. Istoriya sovremennoy Rossii = The history of modern Russia. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2008:423. (In Russ.)
10. Zubkova E.Yu. Poslevoennoe sovetskoe obshchestvo: politika i povsednevnost'. 1945–1953 = Postwar soviet society: politics and everyday life. 1945–1953. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2000:229. (In Russ.)
11. Slovo tovarishchu Stalinu = A word to comrade Stalin. Moscow: EKSMO: Algoritm, 2002:510. (In Russ.)
12. Zelenin I.E. Agrarnaya politika N. S. Khrushcheva i sel'skoe khozyaystvo = Agrarian policy of N.S. Khrushchev and agriculture. Moscow: In-t rossiyskoy istorii RAN, 2001:304. (In Russ.)
13. Rogalina N.L. Vlast' i agrarnye reformy v Rossii XX veka = Power and agrarian reforms in Russia in the 20th century. Moscow: Entsiklopediya rossiyskikh dereven', 2010:256. (In Russ.)
14. Malafeev A.N. Istoriya tsenoobrazovaniya v SSSR = History of pricing in the USSR. Leningrad: [b. i.], 1964:439. (In Russ.)
15. Ivanov N.S. Dispossession of the peasantry in the village. Sud'by rossiyskogo krest'yanstva = The fate of the Russian peasantry. Moscow: Izd-vo RGGU, 1996:595. (In Russ.)
16. Beznin M.A. Kolkhoznyy dvor v Rossiyskom Nechernozem'e. 1950–1960 gg.: dis. d-ra ist. nauk = Collective farm yard in the Russian Nechernozem (non-black soil) region. 1950–1960: dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of historical sciences. Moscow, 1991:200. (In Russ.)
17. Pravda = Pravda newspaper. 4 March 1951. (In Russ.)
18. Zaytseva L.A. Razvitie sel'skogo khozyaystva Buryatii, 1923–1985 gg.: istoricheskoe issledovanie: dis. d-ra ist. nauk = The development of agriculture in Buryatia, 1923–1985: historical research: dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of historical sciences. Irkutsk, 1997:577. (In Russ.)
19. Merl' St. Economic system and standard of living in pre-revolutionary Russia and the Soviet Union. Expectations and reality. Otechestvennaya istoriya = The history of Russia. 1998;1:97–118. (In Russ.)
20. Krasil'shchikov V.A. Vdogonku za proshedshim vekom = In pursuit of the past century. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 1998:263. (In Russ.)
21. Memoirs of N.S. Khrushchev. Voprosy istorii = Historical issues. 1992;11–12. (In Russ.)
22. Khrushchev N.S. Stroitel'stvo kommunizma v SSSR i razvitie sel'skogo khozyaystva: v 7 t. = The construction of communism in the USSR and the development of agriculture: in 7 volumes. Moscow: Gospolitizdat, 1962;1:496. (In Russ.)